Here is the complete Description of HMTL which are as follows:-
1) HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language.
2) It was invented by Tim Berners-Lee while at CERN, the European Laboratory for Particle Physics in Geneva.
3) HTML is the authoring software language used on the Internet’s World Wide Web. HTML is used for creating World Wide Web pages.
4) HTML is a subset of Standard Generalized Mark-Up Language (SGML) for electronic publishing, the specific standard used for the World Wide Web.
5) HTML file is a text file containing small markup tags. The markup tags tell the Web browser how to display the page.
6) An HMTL file must have an htm or html file extension.
7) HTML file can be created using a simple text editor.
8) It enables a means to describe the structure of text-based information in a document by denoting certain text as headings, paragraphs, lists,etc and to supplement that text with interactive forms, embedded images, and other objects.
9) HTML is written in the form of labels (known as tags), surrounded by less-than (<) and greater-than signs (>).
10) HTML can also describe, to some degree, the appearance and semantics of a document, and can include embedded scripting language code which can affect the behavior of web browsers and other HTML processors.
11) HMTL is a coding syntax which is used to write WWW documents, which are read by browsers.cument.
12) In practical terms, HTML is a collection of platform-independent styles (indicated by markup tags) that define the various components of a World Wide Web.
13) Also, in HTML a word, a block of text, or an image can be linked to another file on the Web.
14) With HTML you can create your document using your browser avoiding the switching between applications and the saving and reloading of files.