- Install cPanel on a Virtual Server Running CentOS 6 with 7 Simple Steps
- Clear Your System Cache in Ubuntu with These Quick Steps
- Install MariaDB on CentOS 7 with these Simple Steps
- What is an A Record?
- Smartermail vs. Mailenable – What does it hold for you?
- Common Issues with Website Migration
- Tips to Evade Spamming
- Dirty Cow Vulnerability – Check How Dirty It Is?
- It’s Time to Update Your Server
- How to Change the Listening Port for Remote Desktop?
Tag Archives: remote desktop connection
Remote Desktop features in Microsoft Windows XP Professional can be used to connect to your computer from another remote computer.
Here’s an article on steps to change the port that Remote Desktop listens on.
Note: The Remote Desktop Connection Client for the Mac is supportive to only port 3389 which is the default port.
Warning: If the listening port is changed, the Remote Assistance feature in Microsoft Windows XP may not work correctly.
To change the port that Remote Desktop listens on, follow the below steps –