What is MySQL?
MySQL is the most popular database used in web applications. It’s free, easy to administer and is supported by all hosting providers. There’s a common issue that MySQL servers face and that is high server load due to high memory issue.
Why does MySQL consume high memory?
- Application software like Python, PHP, JAVA threads utilize more memory when configured improperly or un-optimized queries, complex coding, etc.
- Due to improper configuration of MySQL, it leads to inefficient memory or wastage of memory.
- If the memory is lower than, required by the processes on the server.
Resolutions to fix MySQL high memory usage –
- Optimization of MySQL settings –
MySQL uses memory in two ways:
- One is the memory permanently reserved for its use –
Known as Global Buffers category, it is obtained from the operating system during server boot-up and isn’t released to another process.