- Install cPanel on a Virtual Server Running CentOS 6 with 7 Simple Steps
- Clear Your System Cache in Ubuntu with These Quick Steps
- Install MariaDB on CentOS 7 with these Simple Steps
- What is an A Record?
- Smartermail vs. Mailenable – What does it hold for you?
- Common Issues with Website Migration
- Tips to Evade Spamming
- Dirty Cow Vulnerability – Check How Dirty It Is?
- It’s Time to Update Your Server
- How to Change the Listening Port for Remote Desktop?
Tag Archives: Linux VOIP Server Installation
What are VoIP Servers ?
VoIP is an abbreviation for Voice Over IP, ie. the transmission of voice over the Internet. A VoIP service in essence, consists of a computer that can make phone calls to anywhere in the world. It may be PC to PC or PC to phone, landline or mobile. The voice signals are converted into data packets that travel over the Internet using a VoIP platform, and then converted back into the recipient.
Using VoIP requires specific modules in the router or switch that have the digital processors (DSPs). In this case, the router or switch are called as voice gateways.
Asterisk – VOIP Server Installation on Linux – centOS
Prior to installation, you need to make sure all packages up-to-date. Run yum-y update. In case, any Kernel files were updated, the server will require reboot of the server. Now, you will need to download pre-requisites or essentials of Asterisk :
In case you have a Dual Core Processor Server, Kernel-smp-devel is required through
apt-get install gcc kernel-devel bison openssl-devel