- Install cPanel on a Virtual Server Running CentOS 6 with 7 Simple Steps
- Clear Your System Cache in Ubuntu with These Quick Steps
- Install MariaDB on CentOS 7 with these Simple Steps
- What is an A Record?
- Smartermail vs. Mailenable – What does it hold for you?
- Common Issues with Website Migration
- Tips to Evade Spamming
- Dirty Cow Vulnerability – Check How Dirty It Is?
- It’s Time to Update Your Server
- How to Change the Listening Port for Remote Desktop?
Tag Archives: DNS
Most internet applications run on the basis of DNS then it may be emails, website browsing, messengers, etc. But very few detect the presence of this extensively used service. And this is the reason why the vulnerabilities in DNS service are ignored by server administrators resulting in easy exploitation by hackers.
Usually, securing a server involves server software plus application software security, file system security, physical and network security.
Below are steps to secure your DNS server –
There’s a great crowd of web masters searching on custom name servers, especially for branding. But what does it really do? It permits you to run your own name server for responding to DNS requests for your domains. Custom name servers are significant required by those using dedicated servers or VPS servers as they need to have root access on their servers as this allows to modify the DNS zones. Also, when you are naming your DNS server with a custom name, there’s no risk of security.
Our Public Name Servers –
After installation SSL on your web hosting account you may not be able to browse your site.
This problem is caused by the SSL installation which needs a DNS change of your domain’s A record. After the SSL installation you could be still resolving your domain with the previous DNS settings. Usually those changes should happen instantly but it is still possible to access your website using cached DNS information.
You should permit some times for DNS change to propagate and get result. After that you will be capable to access your site without any problems.