- Install cPanel on a Virtual Server Running CentOS 6 with 7 Simple Steps
- Clear Your System Cache in Ubuntu with These Quick Steps
- Install MariaDB on CentOS 7 with these Simple Steps
- What is an A Record?
- Smartermail vs. Mailenable – What does it hold for you?
- Common Issues with Website Migration
- Tips to Evade Spamming
- Dirty Cow Vulnerability – Check How Dirty It Is?
- It’s Time to Update Your Server
- How to Change the Listening Port for Remote Desktop?
Tag Archives: changing hostname
The blog post shows steps on how to change the hostname on CentOS dedicated server. There are two different methods for changing the server hostname on CentOS.
The first method to change the server hostname on CentOS is using the “Hostname command”.
Login to your dedicated server and open the console.
Fire the following command into the console:
Once the above command is fired, it will automatically change the server hostname on CentOS.
The second method to change the server hostname on CentOS is via the “Editing network file”.