PHP-Nuke is a large content management system and the popularity of this CMS increasing rapidly due to its world wide community users. Eventually it is also used for web based automated news publishing. Like other popular content management system this CMS is also based on PHP and work with MySQL. The application has included the most eye catching features like mailing list, news management, and private messaging system and so forth. The web based user interface helps to cope up the system.
Earlier version of PHP-Nuke was distributed under GNU (General Public License). The latest version required genuine license until new version comes out. According to their official web site Alphas, Betas, and release candidates will not be public.
Anyway, it is a very refined application to manage and very stable as well. In terms of performance and features PHP-Nuke is really the option to use and it consumes low resource on web server. The cross platform feature allows user to select OS environment of their choice. At same time many users can work access this application efficiently.
There are too many attractive modules available in this system, and as per the user requirement features can be enabled or off. However you’ll find many attractive features in PHP-Nuke. Installation of PHP-Nuke is really easy. User should use Fantastico/Softaculous in admin control panel.
Installation of PHP-Nuke 8.0 through cPanel/Fantastico.
1) Log-in to cPanel >> select Fantastico >> click on PHP-Nuke.
2) Click on New Installation >> Choose main domain name or sub-domain to install PHP-Nuke.
3) Admin access data >> Enter Administrator-user-name >> Enter Password.
4) Base configuration >> Site name >> Enter site name.
5) Your site’s slogan >> Enter slogan of your site.
6) Start date of the site >> If you you wish to enter.
7) Admin e-mail (your email address) >> It takes your registered email address by default.
8 ) How many stories to display in main page >> Enter the number of stories, which you would like to display in main page.
9) How many stories to display in Old Articles box >> Enter the number of stories, which you would like to display in Old Articles box.
10) Footer (HTML allowed) >> Enter the text you want to display on the bottom of every page.
11 ) Activate Ultramode plain text file backend syndication >> Select yes or no.
12) Title for Ultramode backend >> As per your wish you can enter the title.
13) Send new stories to admin >> Select Yes or No.
14 ) Preferred Language >> You can select languages by using drop down box. (Note :- ATTENTION: In the admin panel of PHP-Nuke you will have the option to select additional languages. If you select any language other than the ones listed here, PHP will quit with “Fatal Error” warnings since some modules (Forums, Journal, Webmail) do not include the necessary language files. If you need one of the additional languages, you must add the language files for these 3 modules before switching or your site will not be operational!
15) Activate multilingual features >> Select yes or no.
16) Show Flags for language menu >> Select yes or no.
17) Allow unregistered users to post comments >> Select yes or no.
18) Click on Install button >> Click on finish installation to complete installation process.
BODHost Ltd – Recommendation for Hosting PHP-Nuke.
We have recommended Linux VPS Hosting platform to host PHP-Nuke at initial stage. For smaller projects we recommend a Linux VPS Starter while more demanding projects should be hosted on Linux VPS Corporate.