Once you install Joomla 1.5 pn your account, you are set to add the your site content.
So, if your site domain is my_site_domain.com, you can access the Joomla admin panel at my_site_domain.com/administrator.
Once the admin page opens, you will have to log in to the admin area with your Joomla login information.
* Note this is just an example. Please use your actual domain name.
I cannot log in to the Joomla admin area:
Sometimes, even when you enter the log in email and password correctly, you can encounter errors while trying to login to the admin area. You can change the user password in the data base if you cannot log in after several attempts. You will require to have access to the MySQL database using phpMyAdmin.
- Go to phpMyAdmin> click on the left hand drop down menu. You will see a list of database tables.
- From the table, select the database for the Joomla! Site>> click on table “jos_users”.
- To see all the users assigned for your Joomla site, click on ‘browse’ on the toolbar at the top.
- Once you find the user for which you want to change the password for, click on ‘edit’ icon.
- A form will come up next where you can edit the password. In the password field copy the following>
- Click on ‘go’ button once you have copied this. phpMyAdmin should display the message “Affected rows: 1”. At this point, the password should be changed to “secret”.
- Now log in with this user and password and change the password of this user to a secure value.
- As an added security measure, check all the users on the site through the User Manager. Ensute all the users are valid and authenticated. In case your site is a victim of hacking attempt, you can change the passwords for all the site users in similar fashion.