There’s a great crowd of web masters searching on custom name servers, especially for branding. But what does it really do? It permits you to run your own name server for responding to DNS requests for your domains. Custom name servers are significant required by those using dedicated servers or VPS servers as they need to have root access on their servers as this allows to modify the DNS zones. Also, when you are naming your DNS server with a custom name, there’s no risk of security.
Our Public Name Servers –
Basically, any website that we host have DNS records added for that website to our public name servers. Currently, these are our public name servers –
Do you want to check whether you are using our public name servers?
But, if you want to check whether you are using our public name servers, you will have to contact us since users don’t have the access to public name servers. You will be given the complete information about your name servers.
In order to activate custom domain name servers –
Consider a fake domain name as MyCustomNameServer.com
ns1. MyCustomNameServer.com xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
ns2. MyCustomNameServer.com xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Follow the below steps to activate the custom domain name server –
- Sign in to the domain registrar where the domain name com is registered.
- Some registrars refer a section like glue or host records or generally it is Maintain Name Servers under this domain.
- Enter the part prior to your domain name, for example, ns1 and then the IP address given for the custom name server.
- To find the custom name server IP, you can login to WHM. Go to Home -> DNS Functions -> Edit DNS zone.
- After this select the main domain from the list and click Edit.
- You will find your ns1 and ns2 subdomain entries for your custom name servers. This is where you will find the IP.
- Repeat 3rd step for ns2 host also.
- Lastly, simply update all the domains to point to your custom name servers.
So, hope you will find it easy to create your custom name servers with this tutorial.