If you want to create an Add- on domain in your cPanel then you have to follow the following points :
1. You have to log into your cPanel.
2. Select the “Add-on Domains” option.
3. After select “Add-on Domains”, you can see the following page.
4. Enter the new domain which you want to point.
5. Enter the username/ directory name.
6. Create a password for the Add-on domain. It should be 6 to 8 characters
7. Select “Add” button which is present below.
8. At this stage, you would have successfully created an add-on domain. The FTP access is automatically setup by cPanel. Now you should upload your files to yoursite.com/add-on, because cPanel automatically creates sub folders in the root(public_html)directory for the newly created add-on domain.
9. Select “Go back ” button. After selecting “Go Back ” option, you see the previous page with an add-on domain successfully created.
10. Select “ Home” button which is present in the upper left corner.
11. You have to check the FTP setup so click on “FTP Manager”.
12. Select “ FTP Accounts”.
13. You can see that one new FTP Account has been created for the add-on domain.
14. Keep in mind you must change your password with the “Change Pass” point.
Note : You would create an Add-on domain to point another domain to a subfolder or subdomain of your main domain. The Add-on can have it’s own email but doesn’t have it’s own control panel.