- Install cPanel on a Virtual Server Running CentOS 6 with 7 Simple Steps
- Clear Your System Cache in Ubuntu with These Quick Steps
- Install MariaDB on CentOS 7 with these Simple Steps
- What is an A Record?
- Smartermail vs. Mailenable – What does it hold for you?
- Common Issues with Website Migration
- Tips to Evade Spamming
- Dirty Cow Vulnerability – Check How Dirty It Is?
- It’s Time to Update Your Server
- How to Change the Listening Port for Remote Desktop?
Category Archives: Control Panels
SysCP is also an admin panel for hosting web services. It provides a web-based management for internet services. Its goal is to provide a software which enables the Administrator to easily manage his server from within a Web-browser.
Here are the applications that it manages:
* Apache, Apache 2.x, Lighttpd
* Bind9, PowerDNS
* Courier, Dovecot
* Postfix, Exim4
* ProFTP, pureftp
* Awstats, Webalizer
Note that this is the only list that offers alternatives to Apache, Bind, AWStats and Courier / Cyrus.
It offers as a service and more:
VHFFS is a set of tools to manage a web hosting platform initiated by pooled TuxFamily I think, but I am no longer using this interface, however when I was using this platform for shared hosting on several shared servers, the performance shown by this interface was pretty impressive.
Here is a list of its features:
- Web hosting (PHP4 and PHP5) with detailed statistics and logs available
- Hosting MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Subversion repositories
- CVS repositories
- Git repositories
- Email address with pop / imap / webmail
- Domain management (DNS management)
- Accounts and redirects mail for the domain (with pop / imap / webmail)
- Mailing Lists (domain-specific or not)
- Download area with detailed statistics,
- Quota management for projects,
VHFFS is freely distributed on the ftp server. In addition VHFFS is designed to work with the free operating system Debian GNU / Linux. VHFFS was developed to run on that platform. According to my knowledge VHFFS does not work on another platform, but if anyone wishes to bring VHFFS on another architecture, it is free to do so. As it is an “open source” by design, so anyone who wishing to help to improve this software can participate in its development.
cPanel is one of the popular control panel. It allows webmaster to control a number of key server features, such as management of the email accounts, database, etc…Each website has its own database, but sometime a person will run multiple website that share the similar content. In this case, a perfect solution is to allow the websites to share the same database. (Note: possibly it will increase a load on your database). This is simple to set up through cPanel user interface.
1. Log in to the cPanel control panel with the help of given user name and password by a web host. To access cPanel panel interface type your website domain into the web browser like below:
1. At first you have to log-in to cPanel.
3. You have to log-in to the the following page.
4. Select “NeoMail” option.
5. You have to enter your complete email address and password (email password) and select “OK” in the following page.
6. You have to select “continue” in the following page.
7. You would find the following page.
8. Choose “Real name option”, enter that name which you would like to display in your outgoing mail.
For Linux web hosting cPanel control panel is recommended and this application or software is specially designed to make the management of web hosting operations easy and simple. Whether you are using Linux based Shared, VPS, or Dedicated server; cPanel allows you to cope up lot of various aspects for your web hosting account, such as management of domains, configuration of Webmail clients, etc…..
Today we are going to see one feature in cPanel, which has the ability to set up an email account at your domain name so you can access it by using a simple webmail client. As cPanel provides three different webmail clients (Horde, Roundcube, and Squirrelmail). But if you want to use only one client to access your webmail on cPanel then you should follow the below steps:
A web hosting service will gives you an access to a control panel where you can add or remove additional features to your service. Today we are going to see how to set up webdav service from cPanel control panel. One feature that you can include through the cPanel is webdav or webdisk, which allows you to access and interact with your web files via simple drag and drop interfaces from you local computer.
1. The first step would be to login to your Plesk admin area.
2. Select “Custom Buttons” >> “Add New Button” option.
3. Create a label for the new button. The following page is the text which will appear under the button.
4. Enter the button name in “Button label” option.
5. You can choose to have the link displayed either on the admin page or in the navigation pane.
6. ‘Priority setting’ decides the order in which custom buttons are displayed.
7. With “ Background image” You can use your own button image. If you don’t select anything, the default button image will be used.
With the Crontab Manager, you can automatically run scheduled tasks on the server, and if selected, receive automatic email showing the results. So, if you manage crontab in Plesk then you have to follow the following steps.
1. At first you have to login to your Plesk admin area.
2. Click on “Scheduler” option.
3. Select the name of the user for whom you wish to manage crontab.
4. You may choose to have crontab massages sent to you by email. If you wish to change the email address then click on “Set” option to make the modification effectively. “Set ” option is present in the right bottom of the page.
5. If there is no cronjob task set for this user like the following page then then you can create one now.
6. Select “Add New Task”.
7. Enter a description of the new cron job.
8. Specify that who will receive scheduler notification.
9. Enter the path of the executable file.
10. In the next page you have to set the task priority.
11. Enter the specific parameters to to set the frequency of the task.
12. Select “OK” option.
13. As you can see the above image that, the task has been successfully setup.
14. If can create another new cron job with “Add New Task” option again.
1. Log-in to plesk admin area.
2. Select “Back up ” option. You can take backup locally or remotely. For convenience, you can enter your FTP details and store them for further sessions.
3. Select “FTP Account Properties”.
4. Enter your FTP details and then select “OK” in the following page.
5. Click on “Create Backup ”
6. You have to enter all details in the following page
7. You can specify if you wish to be notified by email when the backup is complete. And then click on “Back up” option which is present in the left bottom.
1. You have to login to Plesk.
2. Select “Mail” option.
3. Locate the existing FOP account which you would like to make an autoresponders.
4. Select “ Autoresponders” >> “Add New Autoresponders”option.
5. Give the Autoresponder a name. This can be anything you like- it is for your reference only.
6. You can have an autoresponse when defined text is included in the subject line or body of the requiest coming in, or you can choose to have the autoresponder always respond, regardless of the contained text.