- Install cPanel on a Virtual Server Running CentOS 6 with 7 Simple Steps
- Clear Your System Cache in Ubuntu with These Quick Steps
- Install MariaDB on CentOS 7 with these Simple Steps
- What is an A Record?
- Smartermail vs. Mailenable – What does it hold for you?
- Common Issues with Website Migration
- Tips to Evade Spamming
- Dirty Cow Vulnerability – Check How Dirty It Is?
- It’s Time to Update Your Server
- How to Change the Listening Port for Remote Desktop?
Tag Archives: Server Security
It may be the health records or your credit card details; everything is stored in the form of database today. Database is similar to a goldmine for hackers. The main purpose behind any cyber-attack is simply getting an access to a database server.
This indicates that the security of the database servers needs to be strengthened and that completely depends on network security, operating system hardening and physical security. It continues to be a big list but it’s important to learn how to secure your database server first –
Today, we are going to see how to install “Maldet” on CentOS. Remember, ConfigServer eXploit Scanner (CXS) and Maldet plays an important role in the sever security.
Installation steps for Linux Malware Virus Scanner:
To install the Maldet on specific source path:
First, download the tar file of Maldet using the following URL:
To extract the file use the below command:
#tar -xzf maldetect-current.tar.gz
To enter the Maldet folder use: